Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Friday, June 17, 2016
Future Visions From Rolls-Royce
Carmaker says ‘vision vehicle’ offers glimpse into future of luxury transport
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars on Thursday unveiled its first driverless car, with a “vision vehicle” it hopes will cast a glimpse into the future of luxury transport.
With no steering wheel, a door on one side only and a virtual assistant that can book hotels or advise on your wardrobe selection, the car marks a different direction for a super-luxury marque.
Several carmakers have revealed plans for self-driving vehicles. But Rolls-Royce said its customers, who pay as much as £1m for a bespoke, hand-built model, will still demand a luxurious riding experience in an era where everyone will be chauffeured by robots.
“In 25 years from now, when you see commoditised bubbles as cars, there will be our customers who are used to sitting in something that is luxury,” said Torsten Müller-Ötvös, chief executive of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.
The design, over a year in the making, is a rejection of “utilitarian and bland future modes of mobility”, he added.
- Brexit Ain't Over' til It's Over
- #Brexit "HUGE VICTORY" For #UK Democracy, Liberty...
- British Debt Spirals To New Heights
- Any Tickets For Upper Middle Class?
- UK Marching To Liberty Drummer's Beat
- #Brexit Would Permanently Impair UK, Says IMF
- Future Visions From Rolls-Royce
- DE- INDUSTRIALIZATION :Implosion of Venezuela
- Bankers' Bubbles Bursting
- #IMF Flags China's Corporate Debt
- Solar Energy Costs Dropping Dramatically
- EYE on the World - Global Concerns and Risks Rise
- #China Cannot Be Fixed?
- Are Stock Markets Crash Proof?
- How To Insure Self-Driving Cars?
- Diminishing Returns From Technology Evident
- Climate Change Could End Global Trade
- ▼ June (17)
- ► 2015 (21)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (26)