Live World Indices are powered by Investing.com
Friday, March 4, 2016
North Korea Pushing World to Nuclear Brink
Even the limited use of nuclear weapons places the world in greater peril than most appreciate or know at first glance. Why? Russia operates a mechanized nuclear defence program that is often termed and referred to as " the dead-hand system" because the missile-launch- order can be triggered when its sensors determine that the radioactivity in the atmosphere is beyond preset acceptable levels. Breaching of these tests causes the system to conclude and assume that a nuclear attack is being carried out against their nation and it will then automatically order the launch of Russian missiles aimed at predetermined targets.
There is no human involvement.
As North Korea expands its nuclear arsenal, will Seoul have to consider targeting missile sites at some point?
As North Korea continues to develop both nuclear weapons and the missile technology to carry them,pressure on South Korea to take preemptive military action will gradually rise. At some point, North Korea may have so many missiles and warheads that South Korea considers that capability to be an existential threat to its security. This is the greatest long-term risk to security and stability in Korea, arguably more destabilizing than a North Korean collapse. If North Korea does not arrest its nuclear and missile programs at a reasonably small, defensively-minded deterrent, then Southern elites will increasingly see those weapons as threats to Southern survival, not just tools of defense or gangsterish blackmail.
North Korean leader
Kim Jong Un has ordered nuclear weapons to be readied for use, the state-controlled Korean Central News Agency reported Thursday.
- America Today: The Death of a Middle Class
- EYE on the World - Earth, Spiders, Rockefellers, B...
- EYE on the World - The Warm, the Good, the Bulls, ...
- EYE on the World -Soon, NO WINTERS in Alaska
- EYE on the World - American Economic Anger Driving...
- EYE on the World - WHAT a Week, China, Hong Kong, ...
- EYE on the World - North Korea War Signals Rattles...
- North Korea Pushing World to Nuclear Brink
- EYE on the World - Stocks Crash, Panic Engulfs #Ch...
- ▼ March (9)
- ► 2015 (21)
- ► 2013 (55)
- ► 2012 (26)